Color Rules based on column not used in chart

I have a chart that shows actual data and forecast data on top of each other (see attached). However, I would like to be able to change the color of the curve based on the "Actual/ forecast" status of the data. For example, for each curve, part of it will be actuals (let's color it in red) and the rest will be forecasts (let's color it in green). I don't have this column on my chart though. Is there a way to make it happen?

Comments

• @newbee You can use a beast mode to create the column. Something like:

case when CURDATE() <= 'DateField' then 'Actuals' else 'Forecast' end

This is just an example and depending on your data, you may have some other way of determining what is Actuals and what is Forecast. Then you just use that beast mode to set your color rules.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• @newbee - You would want to make the field that contains the "Actual / forecast" status your series. Then I would take whatever you currently have as your series and make it a quick filter. However, this will only let you view a single line at a time. That being said, I'm not sure how one is supposed to understand the above graph if all of the actuals became the same color and all of the forecasts did as well. You would really need to aggregate them to a single line anyway, right?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • @ST_-Superman-_ thank you! What you said made total sense. I ended up aggregating just actual and forecast and have 2 lines on my chart as you suggested. :)