Add a vertical line on the chart between actual and forecast dates

newbee
newbee Member
edited October 2022 in Charting

I have a chart with x-axis = dates and y-axis= sales. Want to add a line between actual date and forecast date to show the left part belongs to actuals and the right part belongs to the forecast. Additionally, if I can label the left space as actuals and right space as forecast that would be great. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

This can be done with "Trellis/Tiered Date Settings" in the chart properties section of a card. First you will need a field that defines the two (or more) categories. In your example, "Actuals" vs "Forecast". This could even be a beastmode:

CASE WHEN `DATE_FIELD` < CURDATE() THEN 'Actuals' ELSE 'Forecast' END

You would then use this field as "Category 2".

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

This can be done with "Trellis/Tiered Date Settings" in the chart properties section of a card. First you will need a field that defines the two (or more) categories. In your example, "Actuals" vs "Forecast". This could even be a beastmode:

CASE WHEN `DATE_FIELD` < CURDATE() THEN 'Actuals' ELSE 'Forecast' END

You would then use this field as "Category 2".

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • @ST_-Superman-_ Thank you so much! Works like a charm!! Save me so much time of manual work.