Connector Deprecation Announcement - Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS)
What is happening?
Amazon is retiring the API that powers Domo’s Amazon Marketplace Web Services (MWS) connector in favor of its new Selling Partner (SP) API (https://developer-docs.amazon.com/sp-api/) on Sept 12th 2022. Customers who currently use the MWS connector will need to migrate to Domo’s Selling Partner (SP) connector on or before Sept 12th 2022 to continue to get Amazon Marketplace data.
How do I know if I am affected?
If you are actively using datasets powered by the Amazon MWS connector, you will be affected. If you are uncertain if you have this type of connector you can search in the data center filtering on the dataset type,
Here is also a picture of how the icon should look.
What is the impact of this deprecation?
After 9/12/2022, the MWS connector will no longer be able to connect to Amazon and pull fresh data for Orders, Merchant Fulfillment and Reports. The new SP API connector contains the same reports as the MWS connector. However, SP API requires tighter granular controls around PII access, which Amazon has not granted. Until the role is granted, customers will be impacted as follows:
(1) The Orders reports in the new connector will pull in product and price information but will not pull in PII or tax information.
(2) Any subreport in the Reports section of the connector that pulls in PII or tax information will not run.
What do I need to do?
If you no longer need the datasets powered by the MWS connector, you do not need to take any action. However, you may want to disable the datasets before Sept 12th 2022 to avoid dataset update failure notifications.
If you still need your datasets to pull fresh data, you will need to do the following before Sept 12th 2022:
1. Recreate your MWS datasets using the new Seller Partner connector, located at https://<your domo instance>.domo.com/appstore/connectors/ com.domo.connector.amazonsellingpartner
2. Update any assets using the MWS datasets, such as cards, alerts, Beast Modes and dataflows, to use the new datasets you created.
What happens if I don’t take any action?
Amazon will shut off access to the MWS API on Sept 12th 2022. Any MWS datasets that have not been migrated or disabled will start failing on that date and will no longer retrieve fresh data. The MWS datasets and data will not be deleted until such time as you explicitly delete the datasets.
Will I need to generate new credentials or create a new connector Account?
Yes, you will need to create a new Account to use with this connector. You will need your username and password for Amazon Seller Central.
How do I know which reports in the SP connector correspond to the reports in MWS?
All the reports in the MWS connector, except for “Reports – Get Report”, “Reports – List Reports” and “Reports – Schedule List”, have the same name in the SP connector.
The “Reports – Get Report” option in the MWS connector is replaced by the “Create and Download Report” option in the SP connector. Some of the report names in the “Get-Report” option may have changed. The “Reports – List Reports” and “Reports – Schedule List” options are no longer applicable in the SP connector.
If I recreate my datasets, how do I know which assets will be impacted?
- Beast Mode Manager (BMM) in the Data Center will allow you to determine which Beast Modes have been saved to a dataset that needs to be migrated or recreated. To find BMM, navigate to the Data Warehouse in the Data Center, and click on the Beast Mode Manager icon on the left. For more information on using BMM, please click here.
- The Data Lineage feature will allow you to see all downstream Cards, DataFlows and Alerts attached to a particular dataset. You can access this feature by going to the “Details” view of any dataset, and clicking on the ‘Overview’ card or the ‘Lineage’ card. For more information on how to use the Data Lineage feature, please click here.
What if I have other questions?
If you have further questions, please contact Domo Support ([email protected]).
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
- All Categories
- 1.2K Product Ideas
- 1.2K Ideas Exchange
- 1.4K Connect
- 1.1K Connectors
- 273 Workbench
- 2 Cloud Amplifier
- 3 Federated
- 2.7K Transform
- 78 SQL DataFlows
- 526 Datasets
- 2.1K Magic ETL
- 2.9K Visualize
- 2.2K Charting
- 440 Beast Mode
- 23 Variables
- 256 Cards, Dashboards, Stories
- 514 Automate
- 115 Apps
- 391 APIs & Domo Developer
- 8 Workflows
- 26 Predict
- 10 Jupyter Workspaces
- 16 R & Python Tiles
- 332 Distribute
- 77 Domo Everywhere
- 255 Scheduled Reports
- 67 Manage
- 67 Governance & Security
- 1 Product Release Questions
- Community Forums
- 40 Getting Started
- 26 Community Member Introductions
- 68 Community Announcements
- 4.8K Archive