relating beastmode IDs between datasets

Options
Zach13
Zach13 Member
edited January 2023 in Beast Mode

relating beastmode IDs between datasets

Hello! I am having trouble relating beast mode ID between two datasets: the user logs and a Beast mode dataset available via the Domo governance dataset connector (https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056318074-Domo-Governance-Datasets-Connector).

In the "beast modes with fields" dataset, calculated fields have an id ("beast mode id") with the following format "calculation_6e5eb426-fb47-43fd-b12b-da16cf96f73b" (this id was changed for public posting). This dataset is useful because it contains the actual beast mode code.

Then, in the user activity logs, beast modes have an "object id" of the format "6952". This datsetis useful for detecting when a beast mode has been changed and by whom. the object id also can be plugged into the url for beast modes in the beast mode manager, which is nice for quick reference.

I'd like to be able to relate these two datasets, so that I can maintain a catalogue of Beast modes in use in "production" (non- overview) spaces. I'd also like to be able to monitor these objects for changes, and be able to navigate to the URL for the beast modes in the beast mode manager. Does anyone know a way to do this or relate these ids? Thanks!