Run Workbench Job from another computer or script where workbench does not reside

I am trying to see if there is a way I can run a workbench job from a computer in which workbench is not installed. I have some SQL queries that run overnight or a specific times throughout the day and I would like to have a script that triggers the run of the workbench job. Is there some sort of API endpoint I can call or something like that. I see here that I can do this but it appears that workbench would have to be installed in that machine aw well as the jobs that were created.

Any help would be awesome

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• Depending on how technical you are you could utilize a Python script and the pydomo package to upload your CSV data straight to Domo.

If you have a computer in which you have Workbench installed but don't want to install it on your other computer you could utilize a shared drive which the server with Workbench could read from and import into Domo.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jmoreno
    Jmoreno Member

Well let me ask this then. If I create a job (lets say job id 123) in a server where workbench is installed and everything is good, then I log into my local machine (ie. laptop or desktop at work) and I install workbench on that machine, would I be able to see job id 123 on this workbench? (along with the other jobs that were created on the server)

• No as Domo would see them as two completely separate servers.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jmoreno
    Jmoreno Member

Even if both workbenches are logged in with the same account?