Help with Formula/ Beast mode to concat values based on unique key

Hi All,

I am trying to write a beast mode formula from the input table below:

to the output table

Basically I am trying to group by pickno and then group the code R into the column Reason and the code S into the column shipinstruction (combining the names and the reason or shipping instruction)..

Can you please help me here..I am attaching the excel sheet for your reference..

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

I think you just have a syntax error. You should not have "as reason" in your case statement. The syntax for case in Domo is:

CASE

WHEN .... THEN

ELSE

END

Otherwise, as long as your column names are valid, the formula should work (although you may want to add a space before 'reason' so that you have a space in the final value).

Answers

• Hi All, Any help on this would be appreciated!

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

Is there a reason you need to do this in a beast mode? This would be easier to do in an ETL - you could use a formula tile to concatenate the names and reason and then the names and ship instruction, and then do a group by tile to group on pickno.

• You're not able to do this in a beast mode. You can use a GROUP BY tile in Magic ETL and tell it to separate the values by commas as your aggregation method.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I am getting an error when I try to do the following formula

CASE WHEN `REASONORINSTRUCTIONCODE`='R' THEN CONCAT('name-',`USERWHOENTEREDTHISLINE`,'reason-',`REASONSORSHIPPINGINSTRUCTIONS`) ELSE '' END as reason

Can you please help here..

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    Answer ✓

I think you just have a syntax error. You should not have "as reason" in your case statement. The syntax for case in Domo is:

CASE

WHEN .... THEN

ELSE

END

Otherwise, as long as your column names are valid, the formula should work (although you may want to add a space before 'reason' so that you have a space in the final value).

• @mhouston :Thanks a lot for your response!