Beastmodes capture sales for each of last several months

I'd like to create a table where I show the progression of sales ordered each month per product....

I thought if I could create a beastmode to sum up all the sales for the last month, or 2 months ago, or 3 months ago, etc. I could then just place these in a table. So I created the following beastmode to capture the last month's sales. And then I created one "2 months ago" where I used the same formula, but replaced the -1 with a -2.

case when PERIOD_DIFF(date_format(`Date`,'%Y%m'),date_format(now(),'%Y%m')) = -1 then `Total $ Sales (Ordered)` end

When I put one of them on the table, they appear to show the right numbers. But when I put both, one (the 2 months ago) just shows a bunch of zeros....

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here, before I proceed to pivot data in the ETL, which I'd prefer not to do?

Answers

• Each row can't be from last month and 2 months ago at the same time. You could possible aggregate on each product code and sum the 2 months ago and last month ago to get the totals.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**