Is it possible to use a Domo card as an input for an ETL

b_rad
b_rad Contributor

Hi,

I would like to create an ETL using a Domo Card as an input dataset. Is there any way to do it?

P.S.:The card contains some beast model window function calculations which I am not able to replicate in the magic etl. So I am thinking it would be easier to use the card data as an input for my ETL.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Cards can't directly be added as input datasets in Magic ETL.

You could get tricky and use the Scheduled Reports and Dataset via e-mail to get around this. Try creating a dataset via e-mail connector and then take the e-mail address that is generated and go to your card and set up a scheduled report to e-mail the card data to that e-mail address. It will e-mail a CSV file to that that connector and then that dataset could be used in your ETL.

I've never done this before but from a theoretical standpoint, it seems like it should work.

Also, the rank & window tile in ETL is what you would use to do window functions in the ETL. It may be worth spending time getting familiar with it if this doesn't work out for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • b_rad
    b_rad Contributor

The email is indeed a great idea!!

This is the beast mode calculation I am trying to replicate (see below).

(SUM(metric1) over(partition by dimension1,dimension2,dimension3) )

(sum(metric2)/SUM(metric2) over(partition by `dimension1,dimension2,dimension3))

• @b_rad let me know how the dataset via e-mail works out.

For your beast mode, you can do this with a rank & window tile and a formula tile.

In your rank & window tile, in the first part create sum of metric1 and metric2 by choosing SUM and unbounded and following 0. Something like this:

Order it by something and then partition by the dimensions you listed above.

Connect a formula tile and do the math that you want to do.

Metric1Sum * Metric1Sum/Metric2Sum

I believe that should do the trick for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.