Swapping Pivot Table Rows with Columns

Hello,

I am trying to create a table where the columns are a categorical variable and the rows are a quantitative variable, such that the intersection of each row and column will provide the relevant quantitative value for each categorical value, however I am finding that I am only able to create any sort of chart that natively supports this without heavily modifying my dataflow with Magic ETL. Is there an intuitive way to set up a table so that quantitative variables can be used as rows and there doesn't need to be a separate value assigned for the "Values" field? Below is my best attempt at setting this up & as you can see the Pivot table doesn't seem to allow to put my quantitative variables as rows

I am aware that I can pivot my dataflow with Magic ETL to create a new column for each value in my "Time Period" field and go from there, however that is going to be very impractical for what is essentially a 5 minute exercise in excel where pivot tables allow you to either show your quantitative variables horizontally or vertically.

Best Answers

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited August 2021

There is a setting under General settings that will allow you flip how your Pivot Table displays metrics ... not sure if that meets your requirements.

EDIT -- Lies. you can do it with a HTML table card. "transpose"

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • User_32612
    User_32612 Member
    edited August 2021

@jaeW_at_Onyx I don't see a setting for HTML tables to transpose. Where did you see that?

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

sorry i meant Mega Table

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • User_32612
    User_32612 Member
    Answer ✓

@jaeW_at_Onyx Awesome that worked, thank you!

• Haha let me know if you find it, I didn't see one