Confused on how to do embeds

Kenn
Kenn Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Hey there!

I'm following the steps in trying to embed cards into a private page.

So far I was able to get the embed token on my backend.

Right now, I'm confused on how to use the embed token. I can throw it back at the frontend but how do I use it?

Do I create a separate <div>, apart from the <iframe> that I made?

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @Kenn

You should be able to just put in the iframe code that Domo provides when creating a Domo Everywhere link into your HTML.

This is a good article which outlines a lot of the questions you might have with Domo Embed.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043437993-Sharing-Cards-and-Dashboards-Outside-of-Domo-Using-Domo-Embed

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Kenn
    Kenn Member

I assume that the Domo Everywhere link only works for public cards. I'm trying to view a private one.

• Kenn
    Kenn Member

update: I figured out that you are supposed to return an HTML as a string and update the iframe's src to that value. Since I'm working with React, this is how I did it:

<iframe id='testEmbed' src={'data:text/html;charset=utf-8,' + encodeURIComponent(embedCardHtml)} .....

However, the card is still returning "This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue.". Any specific reason for this? I'm not sure where to begin investigating. I'm pretty sure the access and embed tokens are still fresh as I'm generating them as the page is loaded.

• @Kenn

Do you have the check box for "Publicly embed content  Allow public embedding of Cards and Dashboards" checked under Admin -> Company Settings -> Company Overview checked?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**