Why isn't there a red to green theme for heat maps?

I have a table that I'd like to apply a basic red to green color color theme to. We need to apply this to a column that measures monthly production for reps, sorted highest to lowest. Color rules wouldn't work because their production numbers would increase every day.

When I check the heat map color themes all I see are these. I don't want to sound severe but these are borderline useless.

Is there a workaround for this? I saw a post from 5 years ago about adding this as a feature but nothing since. Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Those are the current options we have. You may be able to hack around it by calculating your buckets manually and then using color rules to automatically color those buckets. Not ideal. I’d recommend adding this as an idea in the idea exchange on the dojo.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Those are the current options we have. You may be able to hack around it by calculating your buckets manually and then using color rules to automatically color those buckets. Not ideal. I’d recommend adding this as an idea in the idea exchange on the dojo.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @moneyshot Divergent colors were added as a chart property to heat maps a couple months ago. If you select that, it will default to red to green for the divergent colors. There are several additional properties within the divergent section to give you more flexibility. You can read about them in the Heat Map KB article.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042924634

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks gentlemen. I'll add that to the idea board per your suggestion @GrantSmith