Linkedin Accounts, Campaign Groups, and Campaigns on 1 Table?

I'm trying to build a dashboard for Linkedin data, and the data connector isn't very intuitive. I've been using the 'Ad Analytics' report because that seems to be the only one that shows spend and clicks.

So far, I've built 3 separate tables for Accounts, Campaign Groups, and Campaigns. The only field that seems to display a unique key is "pivotValues" which will give me either the account, campaign group or campaign depending on what I selected on the connector.

However, there doesn't seem to be a way to pull in all three into the same table and there's no key that would link the three independent tables together.

I could potentially build my own Excel table that shows how each account is related to each campaign group and campaign, but that seems like a lot of extra work and maintenance for something that should automatically be pulled in from the connector.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @nshively

It might be possible to use the LinkedIn connector to pull in the Accounts, Campaign Groups and Campaigns reports as three separate datasets and then use an ETL to join them together instead of maintaining a dataset in Excel. You can then join that dataset to your Ad Analytics datasets and combine them with an ETL.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi @GrantSmith

That's the current problem. The Linkedin Ad Analytics report only produces a single column for Account, Campaign Group, OR Campaign. There's no unique identifier for me to join them together using an ETL. Ideally, there should be an option to display all 3, so that I could join campaigns to the report for their respective groups, but (unless I'm missing something) this doesn't seem be the the case.

Example: Linkedin Ad Account ABC has campaign groups 1 and 2, and those groups have campaigns 11, 12, 21, and 22.

An ideal row would show Account = ABC, Campaign Group = 1, Campaign = 11, Start date = Jan 1, Clicks = 150, Cost = $2000, etc.

But I'm only able to see Account = ABC or Campaign Group = 1, or Campaign = 11.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

What I'm suggesting is in addition to pulling the Ad Analytics report you have 3 more connectors, one for the Ad Accounts Report, Ad Campaign Groups report and the Ad Campaigns report.

According to the linked in API it should also return with it the account ID. Campaigns should also include the campaign group. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/marketing/integrations/ads/account-structure/create-and-manage-campaigns?tabs=http

• Hi @GrantSmith

I was curious if you knew how to pull in lead and CTR%. The fields I'm selecting in the Ad Analytics report aren't producing this data, and I don't see any fields related to CTR or lead generation.

There is "externalwebsiteconversion" but I don't think that is correct, as it doesn't match up the Linkedin lead data.

• @nshively

Can you calculate the CTR by taking the clicks / impressions?

• @GrantSmith Yes, you're correct, but I still cannot find a way to pull leads data, despite it being available in the Linkedin Dashboard.

• Ended up figuring it out. OneClickLeads = leads.