Use BeastMode calculation as column with Dataset query api?

Its is possible to select a beastmode calculation column in the query set API call? Im trying something like:

{"sql": "SELECT realColumnName, beastmodeCalculationName FROM table"}

and the result is

There was a problem executing the SQL query: Invalid column(s) referenced

We use a similar query in our custom domo app with the domo/ryuu.js and there we need to add a query parameter like useBeastMode=true and I tried various ways to see if its possible to enable that with the query api.

Is that supported or do I need to copy the beastmode calculation into the sql part?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Gijs

Beast mode calculations don't propagate through the query API. You'd need to either include the actual calculation in your query or you would need to create a Magic ETL DataFlow, calculate it there and then use the resulting dataset in your query.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Gij try to get-schema of the dataset and see if the schema includes the beastMode and also if the column actually has a different alias.

I don't know the answer, but that's where i'd start.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Gijs

Beast mode calculations don't propagate through the query API. You'd need to either include the actual calculation in your query or you would need to create a Magic ETL DataFlow, calculate it there and then use the resulting dataset in your query.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Gijs
    Gijs Member

thanks for your suggestion Jae, I checked the schema and the beastmode is not present.

I included it as an actual calculation as GrantSmith said.