Magic ETL 1.0 rename Output Dataset

Options

Hi, I am working on a dataflow to take an input dataset and write an output CSV file based on another vendor naming convention. Is there a way that I can automatically name the output dataset in this format? Example: Output dataset = CU_CSV_FILE_YYYYMMDD.csv so for today it would be CU_CSV_FILE_20210423.csv. thx!

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have the Magic ETL 2.0 beta and it is still a manual process as well. It is interesting idea and you might want to submit it in the Ideas Exchange section of Domo for future consideration.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

You might be able to do this if programmatically via the Domo CLI or API tools. Within the main Domo Magic ETL interface, you must manually name your output datasets.

• mattwelykholowa
    Options

Thanks Mark. Any idea if they will have this feature built into Magic ETL V2.0?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have the Magic ETL 2.0 beta and it is still a manual process as well. It is interesting idea and you might want to submit it in the Ideas Exchange section of Domo for future consideration.

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited April 2021
    Options

@mattwelykholowa

I wouldn't hold my breath... this isn't exactly a feature that would be oft requested.

What you could do is either

1) try to hack the ETL using the Domo CLI to alter the dataset or alter the dataflow like i demonstrate in this video.

or 2) just use a script + export-dataset command in the CLI to just export the dataset and name the file as you export it.

or 3) use the PyDomo, Python SDK,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8HWjpE7cU

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"