Workbench crashes every time - Workbench Service WILL NOT STAY RUNNING

mattAnonomatic
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Hello,

I created an account on developer.domo.com and started working on a custom workbench plugin.

However, there now seems to be a problem tied to my account because anytime I try to pull any data in workbench it crashes.

This issue is not tied to my machine. After MANY, MANY uninstalls and reinstalls, I just created a brand new VM, loaded nothing but Workbench on it and as soon as I logged into it and tried to create a job the Workbench service crashed and will not restart without crashing immediately. This is the exact same behavior I have when I try to run Workbench locally.

There are NO custom plugins added to WB

The job I am trying to create is a simple local CSV file

I can create the job profile, and save it, but when I hit the preview button that is when WB crashes.

WB V 5.1.7460.37975

Here are the two Error events from Event Viewer:

.NET Error:

Application: Workbench.Service.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

at System.Threading.Timer..ctor(System.Threading.TimerCallback, System.Object, Int64, Int64)

at Workbench.Service.WorkbenchService+<InitializeTimers>d__57.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)

at Workbench.Service.WorkbenchService+<OnStart>d__39.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Application Error:

Faulting application name: Workbench.Service.exe, version: 5.0.7460.37975, time stamp: 0x5ed9627b

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3986, time stamp: 0x5f77fd5b

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f38

Faulting process id: 0xe48

Faulting application start time: 0x01d72f2b83473dfe

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Domo\Workbench\Workbench.Service.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 64f6caea-0b91-479a-9f58-f735281ef3f3

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @mattAnonomatic

I'd recommend getting in touch with Support for this type of issue. They'd be able to help diagnose your issue and if it's a problem with your account or not.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi @GrantSmith ,

Thanks for the suggestion. I would have but I do not have an option to add a new support case. Maybe because this is a free developer account.

• @mattAnonomatic ... is it fair to assume that you can connect to a domo instance?

also are you able to use an older (not beta) version of Workbench successfully?

does workbench crash with other job types? (odbc)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx

Thanks for the response. The crash is easily reproduceable and also easily avoided. When activating an account, if you set the Job Check Interval setting to be 15 months then the Workbench Service will crash every time.

Choosing a lower setting, or going with the default, is all you need to do to avoid this problem.