How to dynamically add "missing" data

Hi everyone,

I have a list of equipment that I want to attach to a date column for everyday of the year

Example:

The problem is that I have the list of equipment, I just don't know how to add the date column in domo for everyday this past month. I also want to continue creating date data for everyday that passes, so once the data is current, the equipment would link to today's date and store it in the data as historical data.

Can this be done?

Thanks

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can do this by creating a dataflow and adding the Domo Date Dimension dataset that provides all dates for whatever range you need. Look for it in the cloud apps. You would then add a constant of 1 to each dataset and join on that column so that you would get all dates. You can also use the filter tile to restrict what range you want.

This should get you what you want.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can do this by creating a dataflow and adding the Domo Date Dimension dataset that provides all dates for whatever range you need. Look for it in the cloud apps. You would then add a constant of 1 to each dataset and join on that column so that you would get all dates. You can also use the filter tile to restrict what range you want.

This should get you what you want.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thank you! It worked!