Running Total Group Bar - keep running total but show only current month, possible?

Hey all I have an end user that is requesting for a running total graph to only show current month but still retain the running total.

When I filter for current month, it does exactly that, filters only to current month so the running total from the previous 2 months is lost, as I expected. I'm wondering if its possible to show only current month but keep the running total.

I'm anticipating that I will probably need to calculate the running total in the dataflow and use that instead for this chart but I thought I would ask.

Any and all ideas appreciated!

Tagged:

Answers

• You are correct that you would need to create a separate calc in your dataflow if the user wants to filter to the current month but still the running total. You could do this pretty easily with the rank and window tile in Magic ETL.

You might also look at some different card types. Maybe using the multi-value card or a couple single value cards and have them next to each other.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @Crisocir don't do it in ETL.

If you calculate running totals in ETL you can't filter

show all your months on the axis. and then use a CASE statement to only accumulate data in the current month

(case when month = current_month then amount) ... this is very puedo code.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"