Read only DataSet API access/token generation

Hi! I'm working with a third party and would like them to have read-only API access to a certain dataset. I just figured out how to query data with the DataSet API, but I was concerned with access. I haven't found a way to restrict access to data. I know you change the scope of the client, but I didn't find any scope restrictions besides that.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@Sam1 ,

@GrantSmith is correct insofar as the access token you generate (or client_id & secret combo) will have the same permissions as the user with which the token was generated.

to control which rows of data a user has access to, use PDP policies.

to control which APIs a user can use (what actions they can take in Domo) use scope and customize their role as Grant suggested.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• Hi @Sam1

The API token you authenticate and communicate with us for the user that created the token. So you could have a user which has their permissions limited to read only ( a custom role)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@Sam1 ,

@GrantSmith is correct insofar as the access token you generate (or client_id & secret combo) will have the same permissions as the user with which the token was generated.

to control which rows of data a user has access to, use PDP policies.

to control which APIs a user can use (what actions they can take in Domo) use scope and customize their role as Grant suggested.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"