Scheduled update of an Excel with date in the title possible ?

Hello all,

I need to configure a job that has to be updated every day, but the bad thing is that the Excel file source is an extract from a database that is daily generated with the date of the day in the title (then it means a different title then a different file each day).

Do you know if it is possible to let Workbench updated the data for a specific job with the latest file present in a folder ?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• bdavis
    bdavis Contributor
    Answer ✓

@Gor_Gonzalez I believe @jaeW_at_Onyx is saying to choose the file that exists today. Then, click edit, remove the filename only and replace it with *.csv (or whatever extension you're using)

Answers

• @Gor_Gonzalez , you can set workbench to use wild cards (*) for the file name. so you could do my_file*.xlsx

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx Thank you for the tip, but I can't find you can add wild cards. When I'm configuring the job, it asks me for the specific path of the file

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited March 2021

@Gor_Gonzalez , chose a file, then update the configuration manually.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for the precision, but I would like to know if it is possible to update a Workbench job automatically when the Excel file name is changing, depending on the date of the day.

I don't see how to proceed, especially with the wild cards (***) when defining the file path.

• bdavis
    bdavis Contributor
    Answer ✓

@Gor_Gonzalez I believe @jaeW_at_Onyx is saying to choose the file that exists today. Then, click edit, remove the filename only and replace it with *.csv (or whatever extension you're using)

• Finally, I configured a SFTP connector to directly send the files without changing the filename, thank you for your help