Rolling Count Current Week

I am trying to create a table with rolling count of the current week, last 4 weeks, and last 8 weeks. I was able to create beast mode calculations for last 4 & 8 weeks, but I am lost in creating beast mode calculation for the current week. What would be the best way to calculate rolling count for the current week? Thank you in advance!

Below are the calculations for rolling 4 weeks and 8 weeks:

SUM(
CASE WHEN (`Date`) > DATE_SUB(CURRENT_DATE(), INTERVAL 4 WEEK)
AND (`Date`) <= CURRENT_DATE()
THEN `Units`
END)

SUM(
CASE WHEN (`Date`) > DATE_SUB(CURRENT_DATE(), INTERVAL 8 WEEK)
THEN `Units`
END)

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user069636 

You can calculate the first day in a week using the DAYOFWEEK function in your beast mode.

SUM(
    CASE WHEN (`Date`) > DATE_SUB(CURRENT_DATE(), INTERVAL DAYOFWEEK(CURRENT_DATE()) DAY)
    THEN `Units`
    END)

DAYOFWEEK returns values between 1 (Sunday) and 7 (Saturday). Subtracting that value for the number of days will return the end of last week so you just need to check to see if the date is after the end of last week.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user069636 

You can calculate the first day in a week using the DAYOFWEEK function in your beast mode.

SUM(
    CASE WHEN (`Date`) > DATE_SUB(CURRENT_DATE(), INTERVAL DAYOFWEEK(CURRENT_DATE()) DAY)
    THEN `Units`
    END)

DAYOFWEEK returns values between 1 (Sunday) and 7 (Saturday). Subtracting that value for the number of days will return the end of last week so you just need to check to see if the date is after the end of last week.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**