Accessing regression line equation

I was able to add a regression line to my bar chart, however I cannot seem to access the equation for the line.  It's a simple task in excel so I figured DOMO should be able to do this without a problem.  What am I missing / How do I access it?

Comments

• Hi @user060355 

Currently Domo doesn't export the exact equation for the regression line. You could utilize an online regression calculator to calculate it possibly.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • http://www.silota.com/docs/recipes/sql-linear-regression.html

@GrantSmith  lol i'm half tempted to try to calculate this in a dataset view (which actually shouldn't be difficult) and then calculate the X and Y points as calculated fields in the DSV.  

Might have to build a view on a view...

but then you could plot it as a series.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @user060355 ... be advised though... while showing the regression line in analyzer is interesting, it is very much dependent on the data that you see in your card.  which of course implies, as soon as you add filters or interact w/ the card to apply filter, a new regression line will be calculated.  

it may make sense to calculate the regression line in the dataset so it isn't impacted by applying filters to your data but that's up to you and your use case.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.