Display negative values in Treemap

First post!!!  

I'm using a range of values that includes both positive and negative numbers (think profit).  The tree map will not display the 4 negative values in my range.  Is there any way to get them to display?  

Thanks!

Comments

• zcameron
    zcameron Contributor

A Treemap is a lot like a Pie chart in that it draws the areas of the shapes to correspond with the value that shape represents. Since you can't have a shape with negative area (at least not with the dimensions we know about Smiley Wink ), there isn't a way to accurately represent a negative value on these types of cards. A Card that shows relative height or distance might be better. A Bar graph card could be a good option or perhaps a vertical or horizontal symbol card.

• Thanks.  That's what I was afraid of.  I've seen other treemaps with negative values, so I was hoping this could be done.  Yeah, I could do it with a more traditional chart, but wanted something different.  I'll keep looking around.

Thanks for your help!

• swyatt
    swyatt Contributor

I would suggest using a waterfall chart since it incorporates summaries, losses and gains. I hope this helps. 

This discussion has been closed.