Configure two differently labeled date categories to filter together?

On my story page, i have a card that measures the date metric as "closed date", but i use a date filter card that filters the rest of the cards on the page for a weekly report. When i try to filter by this date, the card does not work and gives me false information. I want to make it so that i don't need to add another slider, so that the cards all work with the same date filter. 

Comments

• The name of your date fields need to be the same in all of your cards and your date filter in order for it to properly apply to all the cards. You can make this work by creating a beast mode with a common name such as "storyboard date" (or whatever works for you). The beast mode field only needs to contain the date field that you want to use for that particular card. Once you have all cards using the commonly named field (including your date filter card), your filter should apply to all the cards.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass when i tried to do that on the first couple cards (page has 23 cards), the date filter would go back to its default date and it wouldn't let me filter. Do i have to change it on all the cards before i try it?

• Once you created the beast mode in the card, did you tell the card to use it in its specific date filter? I may not have been clear that you need to make sure each card is actually using the newly created common date field.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass yes, I called them the same name, but my date filter is just "min date" and "max date", and I put the beast mode on a few cards, but the filter kept resetting and not applying to the page, even though under interactions it still interacts with all the cards

This discussion has been closed.