Connect a valid source Error in Magic ETL with BigQuery Service Connector

Hi, I am trying to transfer the data from one dataset to another. The original dataset is getting the data through BigQuery Service Connector. When creating a Magic ETL and choosing my original dataset as `input dataset` and `Append Rows` I get an error: `Connect a valid source to this action to get started`. Not sure why my root dataset would not be a valid source. 

Comments

• Hi @user095063 

How many input data sets do you have? Do you only have the one data set? Are you attempting to do a recursive appending data flow?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Is the dataset exceptionally wide? Do you have exceptionally wide plain text columns?  

BTW.  This is the sort of error you should direct to support@domo.com  They are equipped with tools to troubleshoot bugs / issues when the error message is not particularly helpful.

In the immediate term, you can test if the issue is a problem with the dataset by creating a copy of the dataset and trying to pull it into your dataflow.

Additionally, you could try creating your ETL in Magic 2.0 (beta) to see if changes in the engine address your issue.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.