Decline in Survey Responses?

Cartergan
Cartergan Contributor
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Good afternoon all, 

I'm not sure of the best place to put this so here we are. 

I wanted to reach out in hopes of putting some of my curisoity to rest. Does anyone elses company deploy surveys to members/customers to help track satisfaction? But the main quetsion: from these surveys, have you noticed a general decline in responses received? 

I personally think in this day and age more and more people are omitting surveys unless there is a suitable gain or incentive for them involved. 

Thank you for any and all insights!

Comments

• Can you elaborate on the type of surveys you're managing?

Thx!

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor

We're mainly sending out surveys to members focused around satisfaction from their last transaction or business done at a branch (I work at a Credit Union). I was wondering if others in similar or different fields were noticing that their survey responses are gradually becomming lower, or if maybe it is the way we as a company are sending the surveys out. 

• I can't answer if 'people are doing fewer surveys' but there are some established ways to measure the effectiveness of your survey.

A/B testing is possibly one of the more better known and easily understood methods.

https://www.optimizely.com/optimization-glossary/ab-testing/

Basically you have the same survey that you send out with two different layouts (A and B ? and then you measure open rates.

Similarly maybe it's a scheduling problem, so you could also do a form of AB testing where you send the survey at different times.

There are many permutations you can explore here.  Not to promote another product ? but hubspot has a lot of ... snackable ... blogs and articles to support marketing campaigns, and they even cover surveys.

https://blog.hubspot.com/service/surveys

Just make sure to track your A/B metrics in Domo ?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor

@jaeW_at_Onyx 

This is some great info! Thank you so much for your input. 

This discussion has been closed.