YouTube Connectors Broken

Google decided to change their API and permissions on March 5th causing the existing Domo connectors to fail.

The Youtube Reporting Connector was working correctly and I've re-connected the account without any issues however when attempting to pull data via this connection it's returning an error message "Domo is ready, but YouTube returned an error when requesting the data (The caller does not have permission)."

I've also attempted to connect via the YouTube Enterprise Advanced connector, configuring a new OAuth 2.0 client however when attempting to authenticate via the google portal after entering the client ID and secret it complains with "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In."

Has anyone else been able to connect to YouTube since the March 5th update or even gotten their google app verified?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

The issue was with the way Google redid their authentication. The general YouTube connector still doesn't work but I was able to get the connections utilizing the YouTube Enterprise Advanced however there were a few caveats. Since I was utilizing a brand page instead of the actual google account to get information tied to the YouTube videos the OAuth connection wouldn't allow be to authenticate by logging into the the owner account and then selecting the brand account on the consent page. To get around this I had to log in with the actual email address (not the primary owner account) for the brand page and configure the OAuth in Google Cloud Platform to setup a new client ID and secret to utilize. If I utilized the brand page  primary owner account it wouldn't allow me to sign in with the google account stating the app needed to be validated (even though in GCP it said it didn't need to be validated based on the permissions).  Once that was in place I was then able to connect successfully and pull in data from YouTube.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

The issue was with the way Google redid their authentication. The general YouTube connector still doesn't work but I was able to get the connections utilizing the YouTube Enterprise Advanced however there were a few caveats. Since I was utilizing a brand page instead of the actual google account to get information tied to the YouTube videos the OAuth connection wouldn't allow be to authenticate by logging into the the owner account and then selecting the brand account on the consent page. To get around this I had to log in with the actual email address (not the primary owner account) for the brand page and configure the OAuth in Google Cloud Platform to setup a new client ID and secret to utilize. If I utilized the brand page  primary owner account it wouldn't allow me to sign in with the google account stating the app needed to be validated (even though in GCP it said it didn't need to be validated based on the permissions).  Once that was in place I was then able to connect successfully and pull in data from YouTube.