Conditional drill down

Good day, I have a card that I'd like it to do a conditional drill down. This is, when in the first view of the card, depending on the selection clicked, go to one of several cases.

Let's say I have my overall plant data plus a breakdown by area, all that in the same first view.

If I select to drill down to the overall plant data, I want it to go to drill down A

If I select one of the breakdown by area, I want it to go to drill down B-C-D...

How can I achieve this? I'm using the multi line with symbols card.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor
    Answer ✓

Currently, there's no way to do this in Domo using drill downs. It can only go down one path when it comes to drill downs. 

However, instead of doing drill downs, using story mode you can have all the drill down cards on one page linked to the top level card. When a user clicks on a date/series of the top level card, other cards will filter to what was clicked on. 

There is an idea exchange entry regarding making drill downs more dynamic. Give it a vote to see it get implemented 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor
    Answer ✓

Currently, there's no way to do this in Domo using drill downs. It can only go down one path when it comes to drill downs. 

However, instead of doing drill downs, using story mode you can have all the drill down cards on one page linked to the top level card. When a user clicks on a date/series of the top level card, other cards will filter to what was clicked on. 

There is an idea exchange entry regarding making drill downs more dynamic. Give it a vote to see it get implemented 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • instead of relying on interactions, could you build a URL into card?  you could use a CASE statement to control where the URL goes.  And maybe use pfilters to apply filters to the card.  

It's no longer a drill down, but maybe it gests the job done.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.