Alert Each Time a Row Enters Alert Criteria
I'm trying to figure out the best way in Domo to alert one of my users and I don't believe the actions available to me are what I need. Before submitting an idea suggestion I figured I'd ask here.
- Project Management is tracking the hours spent on a project and wants to get notified when a project reaches 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of the estimated hours.
- The amount of projects going at once is dynamic and new ones could be added at anytime
What I've Done So Far:
- Setup the 4 alerts I'd like to have for the 4 buckets of time thresholds, they correctly alert one time
- I don't have the correct trigger options. Each time an item meets the criteria I want one alert sent out at that time and never again, until it reaches the next threshold (Ex. 25% -> 50%) . I don't want it to be everytime the data updates (hourly) and if I do any of the other ones it will just keep sending the same alerts every X period of time, not useful to keep getting the same information.
- If I enable "Keep sending notifications while in a triggered state" It will duplicate the same projects in the alert over and over again
- If i disable "Keep sending notifications while in a triggered state" it won't send an alert if a new project crosses the threshold if another project has already triggered it because it would have already been in a triggered state once that first project crossed the threshold.
Any thoughts on how I can alert each time a new project enters the buckets of 25%-49%, 50%-74%, etc without having to sent the same alerts over and over again?
**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
your case is very very interesting and I decided to give it a shot.
take a look at the screenshot for the explanation of the process that might work in your case.
It would be easier for me to jump on a quick call if you want to.
I hope it helpsDomo Arigato!
**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'1
Thank you for the well thought out response. Let me see if I can get something to work using this method.
**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**0
- 10.5K All Categories
- 8 Connect
- 918 Connectors
- 250 Workbench
- 467 Transform
- 1.7K Magic ETL
- 69 SQL DataFlows
- 477 Datasets
- 193 Visualize
- 252 Beast Mode
- 2.1K Charting
- 11 Variables
- 80 Cards, Dashboards, Stories
- 17 Automate
- 354 APIs & Domo Developer
- 89 Apps
- 3 Workflows
- 20 Predict
- 5 Jupyter Workspaces
- 15 R & Python Tiles
- 246 Distribute
- 62 Domo Everywhere
- 243 Scheduled Reports
- 21 Manage
- 42 Governance & Security
- 173 Product Ideas
- 1.2K Ideas Exchange
- 12 Community Forums
- 27 Getting Started
- 14 Community Member Introductions
- 55 Community News
- 4.5K Archive