Alert Each Time a Row Enters Alert Criteria

I'm trying to figure out the best way in Domo to alert one of my users and I don't believe the actions available to me are what I need. Before submitting an idea suggestion I figured I'd ask here.

Scenario:

• Project Management is tracking the hours spent on a project and wants to get notified when a project reaches 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of the estimated hours.

Details:

• The amount of projects going at once is dynamic and new ones could be added at anytime

What I've Done So Far:

• Setup the 4 alerts I'd like to have for the 4 buckets of time thresholds, they correctly alert one time
  • DojoHelpAlert1.JPG

The Problem:

• I don't have the correct trigger options. Each time an item meets the criteria I want one alert sent out at that time and never again, until it reaches the next threshold (Ex. 25% -> 50%) . I don't want it to be everytime the data updates (hourly) and if I do any of the other ones it will just keep sending the same alerts every X period of time, not useful to keep getting the same information.
  • DojoHelpAlert2.JPG
  • If I enable "Keep sending notifications while in a triggered state" It will duplicate the same projects in the alert over and over again
  • If i disable "Keep sending notifications while in a triggered state" it won't send an alert if a new project crosses the threshold if another project has already triggered it because it would have already been in a triggered state once that first project crossed the threshold. 

Any thoughts on how I can alert each time a new project enters the buckets of 25%-49%, 50%-74%, etc without having to sent the same alerts over and over again?

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**

Comments

• Hi @guitarhero23 

your case is very very interesting and I decided to give it a shot.

take a look at the screenshot for the explanation of the process that might work in your case.

It would be easier for me to jump on a quick call if you want to.

I hope it helps Screen Shot 09-24-19 at 12.30 PM.PNG

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Thank you for the well thought out response. Let me see if I can get something to work using this method.

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
This discussion has been closed.