Calculated field in the Filter

no_of_weeks.

CASE

WHEN `JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE() and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+28 THEN '4 weeks'

WHEN `JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE() and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56 THEN '8 weeks'

END

I want two quick filters within 4 weeks and within 8 weeks. I created the above no_of_fields calculated field. And I am adding it under filter. 
The filter only shows me option of 4 weeks.
I am new to DOMO. Today is my second day building a card. Please guide. Thank you.

Best Answer

• NewsomSolutions
    NewsomSolutions Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

For the quick filter problem - is your date range in your card enough so that the 8 weeks will hit?

Another issue that may play a role down the road...your 8 weeks line may need to include "`JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE()+28 and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" vs just "`JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" because if you leave it the way you have it, week 8 may have too many values or if someone comes in behind you and alters your query so that 8 weeks line is first and 4 weeks is second in the order ...you'd see just 8 weeks vs 4 weeks.  

Hope that helps, if I'm wrong here anyone...please correct me. ?

Matt

Please Like to thank.  

Answers

• NewsomSolutions
    NewsomSolutions Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

For the quick filter problem - is your date range in your card enough so that the 8 weeks will hit?

Another issue that may play a role down the road...your 8 weeks line may need to include "`JobDeliveryDate` > CURDATE()+28 and `JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" vs just "`JobDeliveryDate` < CURDATE()+56" because if you leave it the way you have it, week 8 may have too many values or if someone comes in behind you and alters your query so that 8 weeks line is first and 4 weeks is second in the order ...you'd see just 8 weeks vs 4 weeks.  

Hope that helps, if I'm wrong here anyone...please correct me. ?

Matt

Please Like to thank.  

This discussion has been closed.