Conditional Formatting

Hello, I've seen some other posts about conditional formatting, but they involved html and I have extremely limited coding ability. I'll explain what I'm trying to do below in case there is an easier way or I'm not approaching it from the right angle. Thanks in advance!

Say I've got two variables: 1. Sales Quota  2. Actual Sales.  My beastmode divides the Actual Sales by the Quota per quarter to see what percent of their target each salesperson is reaching. For example,

case when QUARTER(`Expected close date`) = 1 then (`Weighted USD Value` / 10000)*100
when QUARTER(`Expected close date`) = 2 then (`Weighted USD Value` / 20000)*100
when QUARTER(`Expected close date`) = 3 then (`Weighted USD Value` / 30000)*100
when QUARTER(`Expected close date`) = 4 then (`Weighted USD Value` / 40000)*100
else 0 end

What I'd like to do is have the columns in my bar chart change color depending on the result of this beast mode, 75%+ is green, 50-75% yellow, 50% or less then red. Something like:

case when QUARTER(`Expected close date`) = 1 and ((`Weighted USD Value` / 10000)*100) > 0.75 then 'GREEN BAR' 

when QUARTER(`Expected close date`) = 1 and ((`Weighted USD Value` / 10000)*100) < 0.75 then 'YELLOW BAR' 

when QUARTER(`Expected close date`) = 1 and ((`Weighted USD Value` / 10000)*100) < 0.5 then 'RED BAR'  etc...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Is that the column you're using on the Y access? If so you could probably just use the standard Color option in the chart builder. 

Below I have a beast mode that is COUNT(`Id`) and is what powers the Y axis. In the colors builder I just have it set that when the column COUNT(`Id`) is greater than 100 make it red, if it's between 50-99 make it blue, if its between 0-49 make it green.

Domo Colors.JPG

Domo Colors 2.JPG

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**

Answers

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Is that the column you're using on the Y access? If so you could probably just use the standard Color option in the chart builder. 

Below I have a beast mode that is COUNT(`Id`) and is what powers the Y axis. In the colors builder I just have it set that when the column COUNT(`Id`) is greater than 100 make it red, if it's between 50-99 make it blue, if its between 0-49 make it green.

Domo Colors.JPG

Domo Colors 2.JPG

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • Thank you very much, I was definitely overcomplicating it!