How do you show complex calculation definitions?

NewsomSolutions
NewsomSolutions Contributor
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

So I have some beast mode calcs, some calcs that I've done in ETL, and some raw data that I get in that I'd like to share easily with the end users how those numbers are calculated or defined.  My thought is to share out a card that is just a definitions type card for that info, but was wondering what other folks do?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Matt

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

We use the card definition field for this. Aside from an explanation of the card, when we get to defining how we calculated something we will surround the equation with *

Like this:

* x + y = z *

In the card definition, that causes it to bold the lines between the two astrisks. Maybe that will help with what you're after.

-Valiant

Answers

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

We use the card definition field for this. Aside from an explanation of the card, when we get to defining how we calculated something we will surround the equation with *

Like this:

* x + y = z *

In the card definition, that causes it to bold the lines between the two astrisks. Maybe that will help with what you're after.

-Valiant

• Thanks @Valiant I'll give that a shot.

• Ritwik
    Ritwik Contributor

Wow, I never knew we could format the card descriptions...  are there any other options for formatting? Italics? 

@Valiant 

Edit: Actually..this no longer seems to work? Atleast on a card in the stories dashboard format. 

This discussion has been closed.