Hi everyone, is it possible to temporary hide a card shared with others (i don't want to delete it)?

Options

Hi All,

I am an administrator and I have created a card that has been shared with a lot of people. I need to temporary hide it as I want to make some adjustment. Is it possible to temporary hide the card? 

Thanks

Alessia

Comments

• Property_Ninja
    Options

Hi Alessia,

If you click into the card then scroll to the bottom you can change which users have access to that specific card. Then once you make your adjustments you can re-share the card by following the same steps.

I have an attached an image that will show what it looks like.

Hope this helps,

Brian

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• user07111
    Options

Hi Brian,

thanks a lot. The problem is that the card is shared with a lot of people (more than 100, with social or participant profile), which are part of different group with different access rights. I would like to avoid to remove each user one by one, so I was wondering if there is a simplest way to that.

Alessia

• Property_Ninja
    Options

How are you assigning permissions currently, at the page level or the card level?

• user07111
    Options

For participant user at page level, for social user (those with access to app but not to the page) only at card level

Alessia 

• Property_Ninja
    Options

So there does not seem to be a way to just hide the card without removing and adding back permissions (seems like a good idea to put in the ideas exchange on the Dojo). 

Alternatively, if you are not worried about people searching for the card you could just move it to a new page and leave the same permissions tied to the card then move it back when you are done. Users will still be able to use Domo's global search and find it but it won't appear on its current page.

Also, if you aren't already, I highly suggest using "Groups" under Admin Settings. It makes it a lot easier to add and remove permissions when you have a group of users rather than individual users to add to each card.

Brian