Filtering out Dates with no Data

Is there a way to filter out dates on the X axis based on no data off the Y axis (Revenue, in this case)? I thought it would be as simple as using filtering options and selecting conditional for IS NOT 0 for Revenue but that's not doing the trick.

Best Answer

• swyatt
    swyatt Contributor
    Answer ✓

Try adjusting your chart properties to not use the time scale. 

EDIT CARD --> CHART PROPERTIES --> CATEGORY SCALE (X) --> "NEVER USE TIME SCALE"

See screenshots below:

CP1

CP12.png

Answers

• swyatt
    swyatt Contributor
    Answer ✓

Try adjusting your chart properties to not use the time scale. 

EDIT CARD --> CHART PROPERTIES --> CATEGORY SCALE (X) --> "NEVER USE TIME SCALE"

See screenshots below:

CP1

CP12.png

• jamesd
    jamesd Member

Okay this worked, then you just have to write a beast mode to clean up your date format.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks!

• My X axis is specifically name Year and I get columns for years inclusive on the X axis where there are no rows of data. I tried the recommendation and set the Never Use Time Scale - True (not a check box today) but it does not change the chart. If I use a Beast Mode to duplicate the column name to "Model Year" or even lowercase "year", the chart reacts as it should and only has columns for years with data. Should I submit as a bug that Never Use Time Scale is not working for Year as a time object or is my work around not to name to data how it would not be most intuitive to users.

This discussion has been closed.