Is there any way to change type and clone a column? rather than overriding the old one
We normally will do what you're asking using a SQL transform.
If i've got my original output (call it Transform1) I'll do something like this:
After connecting to Transform1 in the SQL transform, I'll create a new transform step and add my change.
SELECT *, CAST(`employeeid` as CHAR(8)) AS 'employeeid_text'
The above would give me both my numeric `employeeid` field and a text `employeeid_text` field.
Hope this helps.
**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.1
Any chance this is possible in a Magic ETL rather than SQL / Beast mode?0
I think that you have to perform three actions to accomplish this inside an ETL.
1. Select Columns - You will want to select your unique identifier and any columns that you are wanting to copy and change the type of. I would recommend changing the name of the column in this step as well.
2. Set Column Type - Change the column types to your desired data type
3. Join Data - Join the data from your "Set Column Type" step back onto your original data set.
“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman1
Use String Operations to clone the column and then change its type0
- 10.5K All Categories
- 8 Connect
- 918 Connectors
- 250 Workbench
- 470 Transform
- 1.7K Magic ETL
- 69 SQL DataFlows
- 477 Datasets
- 193 Visualize
- 252 Beast Mode
- 2.1K Charting
- 11 Variables
- 80 Cards, Dashboards, Stories
- 17 Automate
- 354 APIs & Domo Developer
- 89 Apps
- 3 Workflows
- 20 Predict
- 5 Jupyter Workspaces
- 15 R & Python Tiles
- 247 Distribute
- 63 Domo Everywhere
- 243 Scheduled Reports
- 21 Manage
- 42 Governance & Security
- 174 Product Ideas
- 1.2K Ideas Exchange
- 12 Community Forums
- 27 Getting Started
- 14 Community Member Introductions
- 55 Community News
- 4.5K Archive