How to reset colour rules saved to a dataset?

We have a situation where some colour rules have been saved to a dataset (ie. apply to all cards) and now want to remove the rules, however can't find a way to do so. The user deleted the card and recreated it so we can't reset the colour rules.

As a workaround we set up a beast mode which returns the required values and used that in the card.

Is there a way to remove or edit colour rules which have been saved to a dataset if the original card no longer exists?

Thanks.

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Damien,

Thank you for reaching out to Domo Support regarding your color rules, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. In order to assist you as efficiently as possible, could you please provide me with a direct URL to your dataset where this color rule is applied?

Have you been looking for a 1-stop shop for all your support cases? This email and all updates to this case can be tracked in the Customer Portal at 'support.domo.com'. This portal makes it easy for you to track, update, and create all your support cases!

Austn Webb
    Technical Advisor 2
    Domo Support
  • Hi Austn, thanks for replying but it isn't a big deal for us. I was just curious if I'd missed something in the UI to reset colour rules.

• Hi,

never encountered this before - but the solution I would try:

-create a new graph from the dataset

-go into colors: you should see 

Rules loaded from DataSet NAME

and you could just delete them, or replace them with "auto" and then choose "apply to dataset" and then confirm to remove all colors from the dataset (card-only will not be affected).

HTH

• This does not work. It simply reapplies the dataset rules as soon as you hit delete. 

This discussion has been closed.