Different Datasets generated from within MYSQL Dataflow versus Data Center

When I finish generating the output Dataset from the MYSQL DataFlow transform queries, I get two different output data sets. When I preview the output dataset in the MYSQL Dataflow I get this dataset.KLRN_JOIN.PNG

But When I click ‘Save and Run’ at the bottom of the page. I go to the Data Center -> DataSets to see the generated dataset but the data is not the same as the dataset in MYSQL DataFlow.  

KLRN_WeirdDataOutput.PNG

I am unsure as to why the data is different from within MYSQL Dataflow versus ‘Saving and running’ and then seeing the generated dataset in the Data Center.

Comments

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

From my experience and that has happened to me in numerous times (I try not to trust too much on the Preview feature of Dataflows, just use it as a "syntax checker"), when you preview a dataset or a transform inside the dataflow designer it uses only a limited subset of your data, then when you run it it will process all of the data.

See if this makes sense.

Regards,

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.