Bullet chart color rules by amounts

I am using a bullet chart to compare Estimated (BOV)  to Actual (Amount) amounts. I'd like to color the bars based on BOV vs. Amount:  yellow if BOV <Amount, green if BOV =Amount, and red if BOV >Amount. Any idea where to start?

I setup 3 beast mode calculations. I just can't figure out how to get them into the chart properly.

Above Goal: CASE WHEN SUM(`RFPBOV`)>SUM(`Amount`) THEN SUM(`RFPBOV`) END

Equal Goal: CASE WHEN SUM(`RFPBOV`)=SUM(`Amount`) THEN SUM(`RFPBOV`) END

Below Goal: CASE WHEN SUM(`RFPBOV`)<SUM(`Amount`) THEN SUM(`RFPBOV`) END

Comments

• Starlord
    Starlord Domo Employee

Hello user09847!

What you are trying to do is not currently possible to do with a bullet chart, but I think it's a great idea!

Essentially, instead of comparing column values against static values for color rules, you want to be able to compare column values against the values of other columns.

I suggest you submit this idea to the Dojo Ideas Exchange, so that other users can vote on it and add their input as well. You can find the ideas exchange here: http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas 

You can also search existing ideas there, and vote for any you see that would also help you reach your goals.

Starlord
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.