Filtering Google Analytics API to "start of month" through "today"

All,

We create monthly KPIs based on GA data that I am trying to recreate in Domo. I would like to filter the connector to run based on a relative date range including the start of the month to today. E.g. running the report today would pull in data from 9/1 to 9/18. Running on Oct. 1 would pull data from 10/1 to 10/1. 

Is there a way to modify the script below to handle this?

--{

"dimensionFilterClauses": [

{

"filters": [

{

"dimensionName": "ga:country",

"operator": "EXACT",

"expressions": [

"United States"

]

}

]

}

]

--}

Comments

• Hey @dale_anderson,

I did a bit of digging, and found that (in the Domo connector at least) the parameters start_date and end_date determine the data range for the API. These can be set to specific offset values, such as "today" or "today-5" (today less 5 days). Code below with some relevant parameters bolded. According to this, GA supports "startofmonth" relative date value, so you could try setting start_date to "startofmonth" and end_date to "today" and see where that gets you. Hope this is helpful!

{"backfill":"","report":"Base Metrics","retry.retryNumber":"0","start_date":"Today-4","level":"all","end_date":"Today","timezone":"US/Mountain","profile":"<profile number>","updatemode.mode":"Append","accountId":"<Account ID number>","schedule":{"type":"MANUAL","timezone":"UTC"},"updatemode":{"mode":"APPEND","upsertKeys":""}}

Edit: It doesn't look as though GA supports the "startofmonth" relative date. You can do ndaysago or a today offset, but start of month doesn't seem to work. Probably adjust logic to do a rolling 15 or 30 days? Just a thought.

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'