Quickbooks job taking way too long

Hello,

I have just recently gotten Workbench connected to our Quickbooks server on premise.  Last night I attempted a test run using the General Details - General Ledger report with the date range from 3/13 o 3/20.  The run started at 10pm PST.  I checked on it at 12PM and say that it was in the same state as when it started:

[INFO] [4832:8] 2017-03-27 21:57:18,496 - [domain:marketingevolution.domo.com][job:5] Loading QuickBooks company file: C:\path\to\file.QBW

I checked it again this morning at 7AM (kept the user logged in via remote desktop the entire time) and saw that it was still at the same state.  I had to cancel the run so I wouldn't get in the way of our financial team.  Here is the full log:

[INFO] [4832:1] 2017-03-27 21:57:15,418 - Starting Workbench.DataCollector v4.5.6176.30185

[INFO] [4832:1] 2017-03-27 21:57:18,044 - [domain:marketingevolution.domo.com][job:5] Saving the Workbench DataSet Job to Domo.

[INFO] [4832:1] 2017-03-27 21:57:18,064 - [domain:marketingevolution.domo.com][job:5] Updating Agent Job '5' configuration on the Domo server.

[INFO] [4832:8] 2017-03-27 21:57:18,491 - [domain:marketingevolution.domo.com][job:5] Loading local file provider properties

[INFO] [4832:8] 2017-03-27 21:57:18,496 - [domain:marketingevolution.domo.com][job:5] Loading QuickBooks company file: C:\path\to\file.QBW

[ERROR] [4832:1] 2017-03-28 07:11:35,461 - The operation was canceled.

System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.

at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()

at System.Threading.ManualResetEventSlim.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.SpinThenBlockingWait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InternalWait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Workbench.DataCollector.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\jenkins\workspace\Workbench\WorkbenchBuild\Workbench.DataCollector\Program.cs:line 97

Any ideas on why this would be taking so long and how to fix it?  I'm not sure if this would have any affect, but the filename itself does have a period in it.

Thanks,

Curtis

Comments

• PodiumMason
    PodiumMason Contributor

Hey Curtis,

How large is your QB file? I've seen that large files can cause long runtimes. 

Another avenue you could pursue is to talk to Domo support or your Consulting team (if applicable), they can better help you troubleshoot the issues you're having. 

Best of luck!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Was this a QB account hosted on a VM / remote server?

Can you please tell us how you created the process and got Domo workbench installed therein?

Let us know please!

This discussion has been closed.