SFTP Connector - Any way to read files from a specific folder?

Is there a way to bring in data from a specific folder via the SFTP connector? I set up an SFTP connection and I could only access files in the root directory.

If this isn't possible, could someone recommend an alternative way to bring in this data? We do not have Workbench set up yet since we are relatively new to Domo and use Macs exclusively. 

Comments

• KaLin
    KaLin Member

Can anyone help out with this request?

• Bump - anybody figure this out yet, or have ideas on alternatives [without switching to a different SFTP hostname?]

.....................................................................................................………….
    ANDY BATTEN / red door interactive
    Sr. Director, Data Analytics
    .....................................................................................................………….
  • This worked for me. Select the Excel SFTP Connector.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 7.43.01 AM.png

In the credentials section, set the Hostname to root directory. In the Details section, locate textfield labeled file name or portion of file name to search for and type the path for the document you want to pull. For example: ./<Folder Name>/<File Name>

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 9.26.18 AM.png

Note, there is another useful dropdown in the Details section labeled as Mode. It is set to Auto by default.  You might need to switch Mode from Auto to Manual if your headers start after row 1. For example if headers are located on row 3, and data begins on row 4, you might use the following settings (image below). Also, A1 notation can include columns that don't have data. This is useful if you plan to include additional fields to dataset in the future.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 8.27.48 AM.png