Capturing Survey Answers in DOMO using Poll Card or other method.

Is there a way to use an online form or maybe a Poll card linked to a Note card to capture survey questions without having to use an external application and then import via a connector?

- they do still want to be able to report on the data

Would be a simple 3-6 question survey to be used for exit interview.

I see there is a Poll Card available, but it appears the answers can only be selected from a pre typed list.

- Curious if I could accomplish this using a Poll and a Note card combo

Looking to ask a question and have recruiter both select an answer from a list as well as using a free form text field to enter additional text. 

Anyone done anything like this?

Comments

• creed
    creed Domo Employee

Hi @PaulFinn,

An online form may suffice, but other respondents would be able to view prior responses unless those were scrubbed/anonymized.

A poll card does not support text responses so that wouldn't be the best option either.

One option that comes to mind would be to use the Dev Studio to embed a Google Form on your Domo page that contains the survey questions. It is technically a 3rd party application and the data would flow through the Google Sheets connector, but it is contained within Domo.

I am looking into other options as well and will let you know if anything relevant comes up.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Creed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks Creed. We do use a Survey Monkey account, but as mentioned, if we wanted the survey itself inside of DOMO it sounds like I might need to attemtp your Google Sheets option. Thanks for the direction!!

• creed
    creed Domo Employee

No problem! It is really easy to set up, once you have the Dev Studio configured on your computer. It's just a simple HTML iframe i.e. 

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IEcRV7QNfaAzT7v5DfKa6hDHRZHP9mPwJb_rI/viewform?c=0&w=1" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe>

You might also be able to embed the Survey Monkey survey right in Domo using the same iframe method. It just depends on the way the page is set up.

For more information on configuring Dev Studio, please click on this link.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Creed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @PaulFinn, did any of the above replies help you out?

• Hi Creed! I am trying to figure out how to use google forms in a custom app to allow my sales team to write in their forecast(s). Have you had any luck with this? Would love to connect with you or others who have been able to accomplish something like this.

@creed wrote:

No problem! It is really easy to set up, once you have the Dev Studio configured on your computer. It's just a simple HTML iframe i.e. 

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IEcRV7QNfaAzT7v5DfKa6hDHRZHP9mPwJb_rI/viewform?c=0&w=1" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe>

You might also be able to embed the Survey Monkey survey right in Domo using the same iframe method. It just depends on the way the page is set up.

For more information on configuring Dev Studio, please click on this link.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Creed

This discussion has been closed.