Period over Period with Non-Time X Axis

First time poster!! Thanks for all the help you've contributed thus far Domo Community.

I'm trying to create a year over year comparison graph with our locations on the X Axis, instead of the required time period on the x axis. The period over period comparisons are only available when Time is used on the x axis, so I don't think I can natively add locations to the X Axis without Domo getting mad.

This picture shows this year compared to 1 year ago, graphed by month on the X Axis. I want the year compared to 1 year ago, but with our locations on the X Axis instead of dates on the x axis

Best Answer

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓

I think you can do this using a Grouped Bar chart. The x-axis would be locations, and you'll have to create beast modes for the 'This year' and '1 year ago' metrics. When you plot them next to each other, you'll get the viz you want. It's just a little more work than the out-of-the-box YOY chart.

Answers

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓

I think you can do this using a Grouped Bar chart. The x-axis would be locations, and you'll have to create beast modes for the 'This year' and '1 year ago' metrics. When you plot them next to each other, you'll get the viz you want. It's just a little more work than the out-of-the-box YOY chart.

• Awesome!! THat worked! Thank you Sean_Tully.

Disappointed that Domo doesn't offer that solution natively, but I knew there would be a workaround.