Ignore some page filters in cards or pages

AnwarBham
AnwarBham Contributor

Is there a way , where you can set a card to ignore some pages filters but accept others .

if i have one datasource and a card with a precalculated value at YTD filtered by a dimension. and a filter on country

and i have another card that i want dynamic as MTD, o CTD depending on what the client pre selects. and country

but when they select CTD o MTD it affects the first card .

i want the 1st card to ignore the CTD, MTD,YTD filters.

is this possible

Tagged:

Comments

• Currently it's an all or nothing in terms of the interactions however, have you looked into utilizing a FIXED function beast mode with some FILTER DENY to prevent the calculation from being affected by certain columns?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @AnwarBham -

You can use filter cards, instead of page filters. If you leverage filter cards then you can define which cards on the page those filter cards will interact with.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

@ST_-Superman-_ i have treid this option and it does not work. because its a page filter and not a card based selector.

the KPI i have has a filter Value type = YTD

but the page has a diffrent filter Value type = MTD

the Page filter is affecting the Kpi Filter.

@GrantSmith if i include the Fixed (Remove Value Type) i cannot get the aggregated data at YTD level

• AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

I Refactored the dataflow creating alias slicers and filters as to not affect the page filters and card filters.

Thans for your help

• I did specify that the option was only for filter cards, and not page filters:

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

is there any way in a slicer card we can set a default filter.

• AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

i have found a solution if anyone is intreseted.

you get the embedded card URL

place this in an iframe in a ddx card .

in the ddx you use load a webform with the same filters you would like to apply the values can be empty or null.

you apply a page filter "Pfilter" to the embedded card URL .

now you can pick and choose what page filters and what card filters affect your card in the main dashboard.

the ddx acts as a gateways. the beneifit is you can apply variables as filters also via javascript