Modifying a Summary Number

I have a column in my data sheet with values like 0.202321. I display the AVERAGE of those values but when I select the NUMBER FORMAT as PERCENTAGE in the SUMMARY NUMBER, I get something like 20.2% when in fact the percentage should looke like 0.20%.

How would you go about transforming these values? One idea I had was creating a new column using ETL.
Column X divided by 100

It seems odd that this is the correct solution.

Tagged:

Comments

• What if you just created a calculated field and do

AVG(`column`) * 100

Then use that new columns as the summary value 

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • hi 

• That is interesting that there is not a "multiply by 100" checkbox in the summary number formatting section like there is when you use a field in the main card area. If that was offered, you could just uncheck that box. Since that isn't option, you should create a calculated field and create the formula like this: 

AVG('ColumnX'/100)

You need to use an aggregate function like AVG for your newly created calculated field to show up in the list of fields when selecting a summary number. You could also use SUM, MIN, or MAX if those functions suit your needs better. Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.