Field that returns 1/0 based on all similar values in the same column

PatM
PatM Member

Hello,

This should be pretty simple but I can't find the solution. I tried fiddling around in ETL and beastmode, as well as googling, but was unsuccessful.

Here is the problem:

I am trying to create a column that returns 1 when any unique Job has a PO#. For example, in the second row there is no PO, however the 1st row is also Job 1 and has a PO. So I want row 2 to return 1.

Job

PO #

Goal

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• If you are creating a table card, and you have it sorted by `Job` then you should be able to get something like this to accomplish what you are looking for:

COUNT(DISTINCT `PO #`) OVER (PARTITION BY `Job`)

However, if you sort your table by something else, then this beastmode will break

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • PatM
    PatM Member

Hi there, I tried your method and unfortunately I did not manage to make it work.

However, I copied the idea by doing a rank & window in the dataflow, with a function count of PO's and partitioned by Job's. It is a bit of patchwork as it was mandatory that I had a "frame range" (which I would rather not have) but other than that, it has worked.

Thank you

• You could keep it unbounded in a redshift dataflow

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman