Combining 4 rows into 1 on a dataset

Hello,

We use Google Analytics and I have pulled in data from 4 segments.  The data in the table gives 4 rows per day with a column for the segments (there are 4) and another column for my other metric.  I would like to combine the segment name and metric data to a column (ie...'segment name' as the column header with the value being the metric...revenue or sessions) for each segment creating one row.  Any thoughts?

Thank you

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

You can try this in MySQL Dataflow:

SELECT CASE WHEN `Segment_name` = ' Segment_1'  THEN `Value` AS Segment_1,

CASE WHEN `Segment_name` = ' Segment_2'  THEN `Value` AS Segment_2,

CASE WHEN `Segment_name` = ' Segment_3'  THEN `Value` AS Segment_3,

CASE WHEN `Segment_name` = ' Segment_4'  THEN `Value` AS Segment_4

From your_dataset_name

If I correctly understood your question just replace `Segment_name` with the column name that contains the segment name on the original dataset, Value with the column name that contains the segment value on the original dataset, Segment_1, Segment_2,.... with your segment names and your_dataset_name with the name of your original dataset.

Tell me how it goes.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • Ricardo-Thank you for the reply.  

I used the ETL Dataflow function to uncollapse columns and get the new ones all created.

I appreciate your answer and will reference in the future.

Thank you,

Blake