Beastmode listagg/group concat

Options

Hello,

I usually refer to the list of magic etl functions documentation for functions that I can potentially use in beastmode since some working functions do not exist in the list within the beast mode editor.

However, a function that can combine strings from multiple rows into a single string like GROUP_CONCAT and LISTAGG does not work in beast mode. Is there any alternative to this?

By the way, the reason I don't do it in the ETL or SQL is because I want the output to be responsive to card filters.

Here's a particular use case, if I have a dataset with the fields: accounts, end users, date, and products, and I want to see all the products the accounts have sold to their unique end users in comma-separated values, and I want it to be responsive to filters. Say, if I filter only for the last 12 months, and the concatenated products should only show all the products sold in the last 12 months without duplicating the accounts by end user rows.

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

In the new ETL features, the Group By tile now has a concatenation for strings. Have you tried it?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• rmbourne
    Options

Hey @ArborRose,

Yeah I've tried it before, but I intend this to reference the month filters, that's why I didn't do it in the ETL this time and I'm searching for ways to be able to do it in the beast mode.

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@rmbourne not sure if this will work or not but have you tried fixed functions https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!