HTML Table Styles

I don't generally work with html table chart type, but I have a dashboard that needs borders and subheadings if possible. I am only interested in what I can control in html tables, I don't want to use bricks.

I can't find any web examples with fancy tables showing borders and headings such as the following. Can this be done with the chart type html table and if so, how?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Best Answer

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@ArborRose I have not seen this with HTML tables but another table chart type in Analyzer called Mega table just got a border feature.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@ArborRose I have not seen this with HTML tables but another table chart type in Analyzer called Mega table just got a border feature.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• Pivot tables also have border options and you would be able to create sub headings by putting different fields in the Columns sections.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Contributor

Mega Table should work just fine. Thanks. Any idea how to I could make subheadings?

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Contributor

Ashleigh - can I control the borders between specific columns? I need to create visual sections of three or four groups of columns. I'm not seeing that control with a Mega table.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Contributor

None of these solutions work. A pivot table is inappropriate to my need. A mega table only lets me set the global style for verticals (as far as I can see). I need to set specific columns left and/or right borders so I can "section" the dashboard.

• @ArborRose The border feature is fairly new (couple months?) so that is good feedback to add to the idea exchange. Would an acceptable solution be to instead choose a color for the entire column instead of the border? That might be the only other way to establish some separation without going to a custom brick.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Contributor

I tried background colors and hate the result. In this case I am trying to mimic an excel sheet. Without subheadings and borders, my Domo version isn't very readable. To differentiate columns, the descriptions get out of hand. This is such a basic html ability. I fail to see the usefulness of an html table that doesn't do html.