Exclude header row and Totals row from dataset

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude main header row and Totals row from a dataset?

I have connected a SharePoint file to domo, the dataset has main and sub header row, totals row. I want the sub header to be shown as a main header in the dataset when I build the cards.

There is Totals row at the end I want to exclude this row as well.

Kindly advise.

PMPeriod
NameCodesLocationCreated DateDue DateEnd Date
MP1002AUS11/3/20201/1/20211/3/2021
GD1003NYC11/2/20201/2/20211/3/2021
NV1004JPN12/1/20201/1/20211/5/2021
TS1005LDN12/5/20201/5/20211/6/2021
Totals4    

Thanks!

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

use Magic ETL 2.0.

I assume your data arrives with generic column names "column 1", "column 2", "column 3"

add FILTER tile to exclude rows where "column 1" = ...

you'll need 3 sets of filter rules to exclude the first row, the second row and the row containing Total.

then use the ALTER tile to rename tiles and set the column types to Date, Integer etc, b/c they'll all arrive as type text.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• exclude (FILTER) rows where column = "totals" and column 3 is null.

ideally you'd be able to configure your file connector to ignore row 1 and set row 2 as the header.  is that an option?

otherwise you may have to also filter out row 2, and then set the remaining rows using a SELECT statement and then set the DATA TYPE with an ALTER COLUMNS tile.

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi @jaeW_at_Onyx ,

I have connected the file using SharePoint connector and the data gets updated on daily basis, so I cannot use File upload connector.

""filter out row 2, and then set the remaining rows using a SELECT statement and then set the DATA TYPE with an ALTER COLUMNS tile.""" - Can you please elaborate - also, the only row headers my final dataset should include are Name, Codes, Location, Created Date, Due Date, End Date?

Thanks!

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

use Magic ETL 2.0.

I assume your data arrives with generic column names "column 1", "column 2", "column 3"

add FILTER tile to exclude rows where "column 1" = ...

you'll need 3 sets of filter rules to exclude the first row, the second row and the row containing Total.

then use the ALTER tile to rename tiles and set the column types to Date, Integer etc, b/c they'll all arrive as type text.

Jae Wilson

• Thanks @jaeW_at_Onyx !