Creating New Columns in Beastmode

Hi all,

Is it possible to create new columns in beastmode? I have a dataset that has Unique IDS, Date and Type of Contact made with a lead. Some task types are more valuable than others so what I want to do is calculate how many non-valuable task types it takes before reaching 1 valuable task type for EACH unique ID.

I'm very new to DOMO so I can't give sample code but I've written the concept below:

WHEN [tasktype] = [valuable task type name] AND [valuable task type date] <> [Firstdate a task was created] THEN Count # of non-valuable tasks it takes before first contact and create a new colomn for each unique ID

Ultimately -- I just need the syntax for creating new columns, if at all possible. I hope this makes sense. I appreciate the help in advance!

Comments

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi, 

If I correctly understand, you want to dynamicly create X numbers of columns in a beast mode? Is that right? 

If so that is not possible, because a beast mode represents a new calculated column by it self. 

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. 

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • It sounds like you'd require beast mode to link aggregated data to a particular row of data to make the comparison and that would take some nesting logic.  This kind of looping is best done in a SQL dataflow or in a custom app.  Beast modes can't nest like this at present.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"